PeterParker

CC-Link IE Field to EtherCAT AnyBus Help

7 posts in this topic

I have a Mitsubishi FX5U-32M with 3 MR-JE-40C servos. Our system will be used in a robot cell, and needs to convey some information to the customers system, which is this EtherCAT side of things. They want to know RPM, torque values, position ,etc, of things on our system..

Our Mitsubishi supplier recommended an AnyBus X-Gateway (AB7961).

They have a few YouTube videos on configurations, but unfortunately none on the Mitsubishi side i found. I've only been using Mitsubishi for a little over a year, but know my way around GX Works 3 pretty well.  I come from the Rockwell world with EDS Files and tag based setups, and for the life of me cant figure out where to start with this AnyBus.

I've gone to the support page, got all the downloads and software, and gotten online with the Anybus. As far as beginning to setup the Anybus in GX Works side, to setup what registers i want to send, im lost...

Anyone out there have experience with this sort of thing?

Sorry to have to tell you this but this type is anybus converter is a cclink is field slave. This would mean your fx5 would have to be the master. There is no master module for cc link or field for the fx5 just a slave.

But I'm sure there is a network which is supported 

Just had a look why not use the AB9000

Which is a modbus Tcp client / ethercat 

Than all you have to do in the fx5 side is create a modbus port in the ethernet settings.

https://www.anybus.com/products/gateway-index

Alternatives are also standard cc link (but you will need a master module ) Or Modbus serial 

Edited by Gambit

4 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Sorry to have to tell you this but this type is anybus converter is a cclink is field slave. This would mean your fx5 would have to be the master. There is no master module for cc link or field for the fx5 just a slave.

But I'm sure there is a network which is supported 

I don't quite know what you mean here, sorry for my inexperience, When i open my CC Link Config, My FX5U is set as the Master Station.

Master.jpg

Edited by PeterParker

CC-Link is a global name.

• You have standard CC-Link
  • CC-Link IE Field basic 
  • CC-Link IE Field

There are also the safety Variants and of course TSN

Anyway the module you are referring tot is for a CC-Link IE field Network (1Gbps)

You are using CC-Link Ie field Basic I expect

Just now, Gambit said:

CC-Link is a global name.

• You have standard CC-Link
  • CC-Link IE Field basic 
  • CC-Link IE Field

There are also the safety Variants and of course TSN

Anyway the module you are referring tot is for a CC-Link IE field Network (1Gbps)

You are using CC-Link Ie field Basic I expect

Ah ok. That is correct.

Edited by PeterParker

So i would use the modbus tcp solution. anyway if you need help let me know