Fircombehall

Gx Configurator Dp and creating new Dp2 file

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

i need to create a new dp2 file for a profibus network on a Mitsubishi Q series PLC. I have the PLC program (gx iec developer) and i have all the individual Details of each node. 

I have created a new configurator file and built all the nodes with their corresponding GSD files but i’m not sure how to use the IO mapper to map send/receive bits correctly. 

Can anyone help?

You will need to install and use GX configurator DP for the profibus file.
Only in GX Works 2 - GX config DP is integrated (you still have to install it :).

Ok thanks, i am useing gx-configurator dp 7.13 and have built a network on the program. I am just hesitant to download the new file to the PLC. Is there anyway of verifying what is currently in the profibus card to what i have just built?

Also under "master settings" it asks for starting IO number, i'm guessing this is referring to which slot the profibus card is located in the rack?

Any help appreciated.

Yes there should be a verify button on in the online tasks menu.

The i/o number is not completely the same as the slot number.
it's an I/O number which you can set in the io assigment under the PLC parameters
If you do not it count from 00 and add the I/O of each card.

Say you have 3 16 input card 

Then the I/O address of the cards would be 00H - 10H - 20H 
But if the first card is 32 (hex 20)
Then  it would be 00H - 20H -30H

If you don't want to calculate it or set it in the I/O assignment then you can see the I/O number via the system diagnostics.

Thanks for your help with this! I’m getting there. Couple more questions, how do you find out what the profibus master module node address is without the configurator file to hand? 

Also i think my plc requires the profibus to be in mode E extended mode. How do i select this on/off. 

thanks

By default the master adres is 00. You can change this but ...you can check via bfm G2257

extended mode doesn't exist anymore that was just in the A(nS)-series. 
The Q series is always in extended (244 byte) mode.