Dauber360

Numatics DeviceNet I/O

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've check out some of the forums surrounding the G3 Numatics and haven't stumbled upon anything that sounds quite like the issue we're experiencing.

Here's the scenario:

We have a G3 Numatics with DeviceNet comms to a Compact logix. We have replaced the input module (PN: 240-205, same firmware as old) and the communication module (PN: 240-180). The Rx is supposed to auto adjust to 9, but we keep getting the factory defualt of 6. It's as if it's not reading the Input module. We can observe the inputs change state on the input module itself, but we get nothing reporting back to the PLC. When we put the Rx to 9 Manually we get rid of the error 77 on the PLC, but still have no indication of state change from G3 to PLC. There are no errors on either the G3 mods or the PLC. We have contacted ASCO and Rockwell and we are still down. Has anybody seen this issue before?

Thank you in advance for you time,

Eric

NFDM%20Bagger%201%20Dnet%20Parameters%20  This is what we're supposed to see in NetWorx, but it resets to 6 produced and we lose the Part number on station 1.

We're still losing the part number. We've also tried downloading the part number to it, but it loses it immediately.

Is the eds registered?

In Networx, specifically the scanner, are the inputs and outputs mapped appropriately?

Is the node on the scan list?

Is the node enabled?

All the above is correct.
We were able to resolve the issue just now by replacing both modules at the same time. We're going to send the units to ASCO so they can look at them. I don't know if one got replaced first and it wrote the wrong information to the other. They're supposed to hold a flash memory that immediately write the receive/transmit and other basic programmables. I'll reply when we get the autopsy report.

-Eric

Something else I would have checked, when commissioning the new nodes, would have been the baud rate.