Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DUR

SAFE Torque OFF Status

6 posts in this topic

Hello all; 

Guys I have an issue right now. I’m running a system and when two motors need to run the two powerflex 527 go to error and the drive display shows Inhibit S05 SAFE Torque OFF Status. 

Check your 527 User manual and make sure the Safe Torque Function Terminals are wired properly and the permissive is present.

If you're not using STO there is a parameter to turn it off, but I've slept since I last read the manual.

527’s don’t have parameters. 

Edited by VFD Guy

If you are not using any safe torque off wiring, make sure you have a jumper installed into S1, S2, and S+. This will bypass the integrated safe torque off feature.

Also, if not using the safe torque off, the drive must be set at the default settings. I.E. right out of the box states.

Edited by Armadillo852

I respectfully disagree with VFD Guy.  Read Chapters 3,4,5 & 6 of the manual and it will walk you through setting up Safe Torque Off or in your case determining how it's setup and what's wrong.  The Troubleshooting Chapter may also provide some insights.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/520-um002_-en-e.pdf

To Bob's point, if using the 527 in a motion and safety rated controller, you can control the STOs directly.  If not a safety rated controller, then the hard wiring of the STOs on the VFD is required.