x-man

FX3U (le3u) countdown timer?

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I`m new here and also in "plc world" and I`m owner of FX3U clone PLC https://www.lollette.com/le3u-24mt-6ad2da-plc-controller.htm with HMI OP320 and what I trying to do is to program it to work on this way:

- process start and it must be active ~13 hours

- it must control temperature and humidity to be in some range and that range is not same for whole process (13 hours)

- in 13 hours it must stop all every 15 minutes for 5 minutes

- few more tasks...

Is this possible with this PLC?

In this moment I have one main problem, how to set 13 hours countdown timer? I can`t understand why functions related to time flow can`t be simple, in php I can`t do this very very easy but when I want to do simple tasks with plc it is not simple, PLC can work with milliseconds but seconds, minutes, hours...days look like is not important...

I hope that somebody can show me some examples for noob in this world...also I must say that I using gx works2...

Thanks.

Sorry for my bad english!

But how to countdown time on HMI in format hours:minutes left?

Any PLC (siemens, omron...) working better with time? I need option to easy convert seconds in hours:minutes and show it on HMI and also easy to countdown from hours:minutes, user must enter how long all must finish in format hours:minutes and it must be done on HMI and than I must have count down on HMI hours:minutes...

Edited by x-man

17 hours ago, x-man said:

But how to countdown time on HMI in format hours:minutes left?

Any PLC (siemens, omron...) working better with time? I need option to easy convert seconds in hours:minutes and show it on HMI and also easy to countdown from hours:minutes, user must enter how long all must finish in format hours:minutes and it must be done on HMI and than I must have count down on HMI hours:minutes...

You need to read the manual at least. 
i dont know if what you have is FX3U but its pretty easy to do what you telling using it.

timer can count from 0.001 to 3276.7

fx3 have real time clock too.

https://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc_fx/jy997d16601/jy997d16601q.pdf

about your LCD you need to read the manual to know how is the proper way to setup communication between the LCD and your clone.

at least you can show hello word, have connection?

Next time before you buy something search about the specs or ask here for example to not waste money in the future!

For a simple countdown display for a HMI or anything else for that matter, just subtract the timer (counter, whatever) accumulated time (value) from the preset.

Steve

5e91fd41c0185_11-04-202018-11-43.thumb.j