Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soundman

SPST Illuminated Momentary Push Button

5 posts in this topic

Hi All 

I'm very new to PLC Programming. I did some programming years ago in uni, but haven't revisited it since. Due to the current situation I'm working from home, so thought now would be a good time to brush up on my skills!

I'm planning on making a control selection panel. The panel will use lots of SPST Illuminated Momentary Push Buttons. However, I want to be able to control the LED's on the push button separate. Do you know of any push buttons that have separate contacts for the LED, that work when voltage is applied, regardless of the contact state?

Thanks, 

Will 

I don't think I've ever seen an industrial illuminated pushbutton that did NOT operate that way. A lot of them are very modular so you can select the specific components you need. For your home project, check out Automation Direct:

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/shopping/catalog/pushbuttons_-z-_switches_-z-_indicators/22mm_plastic/illuminated_pushbuttons_flush_-a-_extended/led

Sounds like he got hold of some push to test lights.

Entirely possible. The ones I've seen could be reconfigured to be powered separately, but his may not be.

Hi All 

Thanks for your responses. Sorry for my very late reply. 

We've been hit quite badly by a certain virus here....

I've ordered a part and i'm going to see if I can do some mods to make it work. 

Thanks again, 

Will