kdobsontn

Studio 5000 EDS not registered in offline build

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've ran into an unusual situation where I could use some suggestions.  I have an AB PLC working in the field, and an existing fixture that needs to be transferred from an Omron PLC into our AB.  I have an integrator who did some offline development with a welder that uses Anybus communication.  He sent a .ACD file to implement the logic from.  The file has an Ethernet module configured but more importantly, it's showing EDS not registered.  I've asked for the EDS he used, and none of them work when trying to register it via right-click and register.  I can export the module, but it won't import into the current PLC program because there's no EDS (shows EDS error after the import).  If I try to take the program that was sent to me online with the PLC, it will automatically upload and overwrite the build.  I can't even open the properties of the module to see what the integrator did.

The end goal is to have the offline developed module implemented into the current program, but it seems like everything I've tried to do has me against a wall.  Is there a way to go online without uploading?  Maybe there's a way to implement this I haven't learned yet?  Any suggestions would be much appreciated, and if more information is needed, I'll be glad to provide it.

More info:

PLC Type: 1756-L82E ControlLogix 5580

Rev: 30.014

Studio 5000 Version 30.01.00 - Standard

Thanks,

K

Edited by kdobsontn

Try making a second copy of the offline ACD with a different name.  Or simply create an empty project and upload the program from the L82.

Additionally, thru RSLinx, you might be able to upload and register the EDS file from the ethernet module in question.

Edited by pcmccartney1

I've never seen the right-click method work use the tool.

Just a thought...  Are you running RSLinx and Logix as an administrator?  That has been a solution to EDS files not getting registered properly and not recognizing certain modules.

14 hours ago, Armadillo852 said:

Did you try using the tool in RsLins EDS hardware?

I am going to try this now..

14 hours ago, Armadillo852 said:

Did you try and go to anybus's website and download the eds file from them?   https://www.anybus.com/support/file-doc-downloads/select-gateway-type

The Anybus communicator is built into the hardware of the welder...with COVID-19 in effect here, putting eyes on the hardware has been a challenge.  Thank you for the link.  I will take a look and see if I can find one.

2 hours ago, drforsythe said:

Just a thought...  Are you running RSLinx and Logix as an administrator?  That has been a solution to EDS files not getting registered properly and not recognizing certain modules.

Thanks, drforsythe....I didn't know this was an issue, but I will give this a shot!