Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Omron Modbus-RS485 communication with Yaskawa VFD

7 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I am new Omron PLC user. i have to connect My Omron CP1L with Yaskawa VFD V1000 via modbus serial gateway. I am estabishing 2 wire RS-485 connection(CP1W-CIF11). Please share any simple code or guideline. i have to run 2 vfd. 

Edited by 2431

Abdul Wajid, i have follow all the instruction as per yaskawa manual for configuring and wiring same as for Omron CP1L. follow the program as describe in vfd. still facing call alarm on vfd and COMM led of my RS-485 module is also not blinking. difficult to trouble shoot. please suggest 

I am not familiar with Yaskawa VFD.... Check proper Modbus wiring and enable specific Modbus function in VFD, also PLC & VFD configuration settings should match correctly. Atlast transfer the program & cycle the power after proper settings.

Here in video the person set MODBUS RTU Mode in setting of PLC CP1E, where i don't have that option instead of that i have used Serial Gateway option on my CP1l PLC. does it effect? else all setting on PLC or manual is same 

CP1L PLC data mapping is different then CP1E, Change the DM addresses if you mentioned the same as CP1E

CP1L modbus data mapping.PNG

I have mentioned the same as for CP1L all is fine but in cp1l there is a feature of serial gateway. where the packet is converted by this gateway at the end either in Compoway(Omron Protocol) or Modbus. how can we enable this serial gateway because i am getting an error 0x04 which is because of disable of this serial gateway