DUR

How can I open a .rss file?

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone guys; 

I’m new in this web page and it’s great. 
well, the thing is I’m trying to open a .rss file ( a company sent to me a project in rslogix500 to replace in a micrologix 1400 plc. But when I’m trying to open the project I can’t do that. I’m reading about versions and everything but how can I know the version that they used to create the project? Can anyone open my project and save for version 11.00 I have that version in my laptop.

Do you have RSLogix500? Version should not matter.

What software do you have? FYI the free version will only work with a ML1100 and a ML1000 program.

What kind of error are you getting when you try to open it?

Post the file here and someone can create a pdf file of the program for you.

Edited by Mickey

Hi Mickey thanks for your answer. 

I have RSlogix 500 v11.0 installed in my computer. When I received the project it seemed strange to me because the file appeared with a blank icon but with the ending .rss.abc. 

I compared the file with my other projects that I have in rslogix 500 and there’s a different type of file. The file with the one I have issues is type ABC (.abc) and my regular projects are RSLogix 500 Projoct file (.RSS) 

HMMM? Have you tried removing the .abc part?

Yeah that’s the first thing that I tried and when I trying to open the file RSlogix 500 it just open but I can’t see any project. 

how can I post the project here? Max total size here is 3.91MB 

The original name of the project was Scale rev 2.rss.abc and I renamed to scalerev2.rss and RSlogix opened and a message appeared on the screen ( File open failed-File corrupt or user does not have access rights to open project). 

I will contact the company that sent it to me.

I am trying to troubleshoot a machine and I was hoping someone would be able to print to pdf the ladder for me so I don't have to buy a full copy of RSLogix.

I have attached it with this post.

HMI.PBA

PLC.RSS

Edited by Ethan Clark
Corrected uploaded files

Give these a try. The pdf files are the result of each software package's respective report function with all options selected.

PLC.pdf

PLC.pdf

HMI.pdf

Edited by Joe E.

Not sure why it kept the duplicate PLC printout....I edited and deleted it and it's still there. Oh, well...

Thank you so much! And it had comments, yay! This will save the day.