WKTilton

Jogging off 1S Software Limits

31 posts in this topic

Michael,

Thanks....I did not get access to my machine as I was told ( I will tomorrow morning).  My laptop is wrapped up in software download for another project so I don't want to open my Sysmac Studio until it is done.  I am pretty sure the MC_Reset is in the Diagnostis section of the program...I will look as soon as I can.

So with your test there is no conclusion as to why my JOG function, in reverse, just immediately brings the fault back?

Thanks,

Michael,

download went faster than I thought.....Indeed I do not have the actual MC_Reset block....  I have ResetMCError instead....  I used a previous engineer's program and me not knowing enough about the Sysmac Servo programming, I thought this was the appropriate Reset block.

I found the MC_Reset block and I will use it when I get back on my machine tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

MC Reset.JPG

Michael,  AMI,

It all boiled down to what AMI suggested, "Deceleration stop for command position" in the MC Axis Setup parameters...…..  I don't know why.....  I wish I had an explanation…..  The Omron Tech I spoke with on the phone early on and even Michael....both said that they were able to reset the fault and JOG the opposite direction with BOTH "Decelerate for COMMAND & ACTUAL position".....where I cannot.....

At least it works now, machine is shipping tomorrow...

Thanks for helping out with all the suggestions...

4 hours ago, WKTilton said:

Michael,  AMI,

It all boiled down to what AMI suggested, "Deceleration stop for command position" in the MC Axis Setup parameters...…..  I don't know why.....  I wish I had an explanation…..  The Omron Tech I spoke with on the phone early on and even Michael....both said that they were able to reset the fault and JOG the opposite direction with BOTH "Decelerate for COMMAND & ACTUAL position".....where I cannot.....

At least it works now, machine is shipping tomorrow...

Thanks for helping out with all the suggestions...

The only thing that I can think of is if it is oscillating (tuning needs improvement, if so) and the actual position gets ahead of itself and corrects in the opposite direction (right as you are starting to accelerate).  This movement in the opposite direction (according to feedback anyway) might trigger the soft overtravel.  With the physical limits, this would not apply.  That is the only thing that makes sense to me.  

I would agree with that.  Both drives moved so smoothly I did not feel the need to do an auto-tune.  But as long as this works with "stop to command position" I will leave it.  They "should" never get into that situation anyway.....but they will I am sure :)

Thanks again for the help.....

Hi WKTilton

Nice to heard that it was useful for you!!!

I think that the reason is because with the setting ....Actual Position, when you get the Software Limit Error and you try to move to opposite direction, the axis is still outside limits, so the actual position is also outside range and you get the error again. Why it doesn't happen with the Hardaware limits? I don't know.

But the most important is that you got the machine running as you need!!!