WKTilton

Jogging off 1S Software Limits

31 posts in this topic

I have been able to Jog the opposite direction from a Hardware OT with my 1S servos (using Sysmac Studio).  I reset the OT Fault and Job the opposite direction.

What I am having trouble with now is, I have set Software Limits and I cannot Jog off like I can with the Hardware OT.  I have been told I should be able to do that, but it still does not work.  The fault returns immediately when I press the appropriate HMI Job button....which is the same HMI buttons and Logic used when I have the Hardware OT.

Has anyone ran into this before?  It may be a setting I have not done right maybe??

Thanks,

Not sure about the Omron world.  In the Rockwell world, I would fire a MSF, physically move the axis within the software overtravel limit, then re-enable the drive.  Code wise, I would also prevent the job instruction from operating if outside the software limit.  I usually had two different jogs for positive and negative.  I usually one shot a MAS if both jog buttons are off.

Yup...28 years with Rockwell...   That's what I would have done as well...  

Ok, so what is the equivalent motion instructions in Omron.  Sometimes what you know is better than what you don't know and just cross reference to the same in the other system.

Heck, I took the final exam in my Fortran class (dating myself) on the second day.  Wrote everything in MS Basic then used the book to rewrite it in Fortran syntax.  Then during my senior year, they threw a personal computer in front of my and told be to write Turbo Pascal code.  Told them I didn't know how to use the computer, so I wrote the code on an engineering pad, the TA entered the code character for character with the exact syntax and spacing on my pad and the darned thing worked.

Edited by pcmccartney1

Well I used to know Turbo Pascal, BASIC, C+ & Fortran as well.....that was a long time ago.  I can do what I can do in RSLogix but not so good with OMRON, that is why I rely on the good people of Mr.PLC….this is my first program in Sysmac and the job is getting ready to ship.  I should be able to reverse jog out of the Software Limit just as I can with the Hard Limit....but the error keeps returning immediately as I execute the Jog....

Anyone at all seen this before?  I have been told by an Omron Tech who tried it himself that I should be able to Jog in the opposite direction from the Software Limit Fault....after the fault has been reset.  I can do that very thing with the Hardware OT, just not the Software OT.  Using the same logic I use for the Hardware OT, the Software OT Fault immediately returns when I press the Jog Opposite direction PB...

I know it will be something stupid I have done...I just don't know where else to look.....

Can you post your code?  Export to .smc2 file?

...I don't mind at all if it helps out....it is a large program.  Get in touch with me if you need to ask questions about what I have coded.

Thanks,

well.....it says it is too big to load on here....  send me an email and I will DropBox it I guess...

Put dropbox link in here.

here is the rung of logic that contains the JOG I use to move the servo off the hardware overtravel....also used for the JOG off the Software OT

Capture.JPG

There is another JOG block under those two rungs that I have just inserted into the program for a test (without using the HMI)….  I have not been able to try it yet as they have my machine tore apart until tomorrow now...….

It says the dropbox folder doesn't exist.  Can you show the positive and negative software limit config?

Is there anything similar to the servo fault actions of the Kinetix?  Maybe the hard lims fault the servo.  Then the soft limits are disable action and are used to block the jog in that specific direction of travel?

Try that one, maybe I did it wrong the first time....

McCartney,

When it comes to Logix...there is an AOI for Jogging back off the Hard OT's.  You have to disable the OT settings and then JOG to clear the OT, then reset the OT settings...

The Omron Tech I spoke with was able to JOG off the Hardware & Software OT in the opposite direction with no issue.  I have JOGged off the Hardware OT with the same logic that I am trying to JOG off the Software OT...just not sure why it is not working.  So Omron has the means for the "JOG the Opposite direction".  My ignorance of Sysmac Studio has bitten me again....

Michael,

I have just now gotten home.  Work is shortening our hours and I will be working from home on a new design here in a few days.  I can answer questions if you have any....I should have grabbed my laptop and brought it home.

I get into work at 5:45am EST

Thanks again for your willingness to help

It is difficult to see the issue.  I might get a chance to try this tomorrow with a servo.  

I will be at work at 5:45am EST so if you have any questions, I will be at my computer at that time.....

Thanks again....

Hi 

Try to change (apply) this setting in the Axis Cofiguration. Let me know if this help you...

Axis.png

Edited by AMI

AMI,

I will try that most definitely....mine is set on Actual Position.  I did have the Omron Tech who tried this out use both and he was able to JOG the opposite direction from the Software OT.

But I will try it as soon as the give me my machine back today :?

Thanks,

Michael,

I am about to access to my machine once again.  Just wanted to see if you had a chance to trying anything out on your end?

I should be able to try some things in a couple hours.

Thanks

I just tested it and it allows you to jog in the reverse direction after hitting the forward software overtravel limit after you have issued a reset command (Function Block: MC_Reset).  I don't see an MC_Reset FB in your code. However, you could be manually resetting the error using the Troubleshooter Utility (Red button with exclamation point). 

I will leave it set up here in case you want me to try something else.