cyrus

HMI Redundancy

10 posts in this topic

Hi Dears, I Have CS1D-65H Duplex control system with two CS1D-ETN21D. I want to use ETN21 for connection between CS1D and NS15 touch panel.

I have question about HMI redundancy. (when one CPU is faulty second CPU connect to HMI)

Note: I have one NS15 Touch panel.

how can do i it? which setting is necessary in CX-Designer?

and second question:

i have one CP1H with CIF41(FINS)  that must be connected to this NS15. means CS1D with 2 CPU and CP1H is connected to one HMI.

is it possible to connect CP1H and CS1D simultaneously to one Touch panel? can i have manual for do this settings? is it possible use of FINS and ethernet (ETN21)  simultaneously?

best regards.

Edited by cyrus

To the best of my recollection, when the CS1D switches processors, it moves the IP addresses, so their is nothing you need to do on the HMI.  But I have not touched a CS1D is well over a decade and a half.

thank you for your reply.

you say that when CS1D switches processors, it moves the IP addresses. means both of ETN21 has same IP address?

As I said, I haven't done anything with this product in a really long time.  Perhaps I am confusing it with Mitsubishi's Q redundant.  You should check the manuals for the CS1D to see how communications is handled.  I thought two cards had two IP addresses and swapped them, but since CS1D is all on one rack, it may not need to do that...

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

For starters, here is the manual. This is a very, very old HMI. The most recent version of NTST (NT Support Tool) is 4.8 but I don't know that it will support the 600M. Check the downloads section here at MrPLC. There are some older versions there and I don't know which version you will require. There was an older DOS version called NTSS.

There are some members here that may remember. Hopefully they'll chime in.

EDIT:  Someone has a better memory than me! (See Garry's reply below)

The HMI is stated to be an NS15 - still a current model.

1 person likes this

Hello!
Can you explain me more concretely?
A good day!

24 minutes ago, BobB said:

The HMI is stated to be an NS15 - still a current model.

Hello!
Can you explain me more concretely?
A good day!

Have a look at the original post - NS15 - simple as that. I am using them right now on jobs - current model.

Bob, I believe he accidently posted in the wrong thread. My quote above is from a different post.

1 person likes this