saruans

Solenoid interlocks

5 posts in this topic

hello,

I have  Solenoid interlocks AZM170-11ZRK-2197-2201-24VDC. maybe somebody know how, what are mean symbal which I drawn red color?

444a79dec29ed02f9a16d9b9cf6aee12233.jpg

That is the most awkward drawing of a seal in circuit I've ever seen.

The circuit shown is a solenoid locking safety switch.  The arrow inside the circle denotes a positive break contact as IO_Rack stated.  The symbol is used to show that a device has contacts that are mechanically linked so that if they weld, the contacts will open when the actuator opens. (At least that is what is supposed to happen.)  This is most likely a gate switch that will show "closed and locked" when the gate is closed and the solenoid is on, which locks the gate or door shut.

Just now, drforsythe said:

The symbol is used to show that a device has contacts that are mechanically linked so that if they weld, the contacts will open when the actuator opens.

Thanks for the explanation. I was reluctant to explain this myself as I was a bit confused by the terminology. I'm used to seeing the term, "Force Guided", which is what you explain above. I'm wondering if it is the equivalent to the European "Positive Break". (Assuming that's a European term)

The Schmersal document in the link states the "Positive Break" means the contacts will open by actuation, as opposed to a spring return.

That being said, I've seen that symbol used to indicate "Force Guided".