Frankeer

Find a Tag in RSLogix 5000

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I am new on RSLogix 5000, if i have an input on my PLC how do i find it in my program, is not as simple as it is on RSLogix 500, can someone give me an example on how to find an input please.

I have 3 photoeyes, these 3 go to I1.0, I1.1 and I1.2

1 hour ago, Frankeer said:

I have 3 photoeyes, these 3 go to I1.0, I1.1 and I1.2

Look for Local:I:1, etc 

I'm going to repeat a few things said above, with no disrespect intended to previous replies.

Assuming the input card is in the same chassis as the controller that owns it, that input card would be considered "local". Open the tag monitor by double clicking on the controller tags file near the top of the controller organizer, then scroll down the list of tags until you see the Local modules. Digital input cards typically have Input and Configuration files. Digital output cards typically have Input, Output, and Configuration files. If you're looking for a physical, hard-wired input, find the correct input card, and open its input file. 

The tag structure goes like this; Local or Remote, slot, type (input or output), member (Data (I/O values), Fault, etc), input point.

So if I'm looking for a digital input wired to input point 4, on an input card in slot 7, the syntax for that module tag is: Local:4:I.Data.7

If I'm looking for an analog output wired to channel 3 on a card in slot 2, the syntax for that module tag is: Local:2:O.Ch3Data

Once you've found your actual, hardwired input or output point in the tag monitor, right click on the light-grey colored box to the left of the tag name, select "Go to cross reference report", and a new dialog box will pop up showing everywhere in the project that tag is used.

Hope this helps!

I think you meant Local:7:I.Data.4.  (Swapped 4 and 7)

Or you could just use the search function and search for I1.0. Or even search for the text if you know what the text is? I am assuming the  tag name is I1.0

Capture.JPG

1 person likes this