markusz33

In search of L33ER 200-800mA AO card/module

4 posts in this topic

I'm in search of a card or module capable of outputting 200-800mA that is compatible with a L33ER. Does anyone know of such a thing? 

Edited by markusz33

Not to my knowledge.  Maybe put a isolated signal transducer in between an normal AO Module and the final device.  We used to call it a hockey puck.

Interested in what needs a 200-800mA signal.  Can you tell us what the device is?

Edited by pcmccartney1

I've been tasked with building a power tong project on a drilling rig. The 200-800mA signal is to turn the Hawe directional valve drive motor either CW or CCW. There are a few one off devices I have never dealt with before. I'm also needing something to handle a 24v Encoder input signal from two actuators and again, the drive motor.

Most of the time when I have seen these levels of current needed, it is for hydraulic control.  In those cases, the manufacturers provide the driver device and allow a voltage (-10 to +10v, 0-5v, 0-10v), current (0 to 20 or 4-20mA) or potentiometer input.  

Is the Hawe directional valve drive motor an electric, hydraulic or pneumatic motor?