Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slinky

Ford BMW Mercedes VW Tesla PLC Examples

3 posts in this topic

Please could anyone share PLC, HMI and anything else(documentation etc.) for examples of car plant controls systems?

Please

Sorry my friend. But for someone to do this would violate confidentiality agreements. Not to mention Auto manufacturers pay people to do these things and it is therefore there intellectual property!

I can give you this! Your starting point is going to be based upon what Job You are going to be performing

Example: I want to fasten six screws in sequential order and record that data. Then I need to decide first how I will set up a Database for recording data

Then pass that Data as your product follows the assembly process

Next workstation adds 4 screws and electronic device. You need barcode reader and record and compare data with part number needed

How will you move your product on the assembly line ie.. Will you use mechanical stops our will you advance through the process with servo controlled system

What Type of PLC gives best options needed Omron Nj and Siemens PLC have direct comms with SQL servers. Allen Bradley needs 3rd Party Kepware to Communicate with SQL Database.

Will you be using RFID to track work stations as they travel on conveyor system. This is best practice so you don't use serial numbers until you have completed parts.

Edited by Bruce W
Clarification

They use the same hardware as everyone else. Robots, plc, cameras, ect. Most of the vehicles are attached to a car/train like Bruce says. as it goes down the line robots perform steps of a program and report back to a PLC and sometimes a cognex camera will take a picture of your parts.