WKTilton

Timer modification from HMI

10 posts in this topic

A simple request for an Omron novice.  I know Timer values in Sysmac Studio are classified as TIME variables.  How can I modify the Preset of a TON block from my NA HMI since the TON Preset is of a TIME data type?

Thanks,

I created a couple of functions that will convert REAL to TIME (in seconds) and another that will convert TIME (in seconds) to REAL. I used REAL because I wanted to input a set point in fractional seconds and respectively view the elapsed time in fractional seconds. I guess I should have called it REAL_TO_SEC. You can scale the function to whatever units you wish to enter.

Mr_PLC_REAL_TO_TIME.JPG.9b00606696237ff2Mr_PLC_REAL_TO_TIME_Example.JPG.93cba301 

Excellent!!!  I will give that a whirl :)

I'm struggling......I  get compilation errors about non-existant variables so I right-click to register each one.  I think I have it figured out which ones are 'internal', 'input' & 'output'...

I screwed up and accidentally selected 'Generate all POU variables in Internal'.....how do I UNDO that?  Is there a place these variables are stored I can delete and start over?

I did get the TIME_TO_REAL to compile up to 'Conversion of LINT to TIME is impossible'.....don't know what to do with that one :?

Nevermind about the variables....I found where they are....but not sure about the "Conversion....." error

Ok, here is what I have for that Function Block.....and I get the Conversion Impossible error....

I do create this as a 'Function Block' correct?

time to real.PNG

You have the data type LINT for In and it needs to be of type TIME.

From the TimeToNanoSec function help file:

TimeToNanoSec.thumb.jpg.6c70d05e34d0673f

I see what I did wrong now....appreciate the help....also had it in Function Block when I needed it in Functions :?

Thanks again....

Yes, this can be a function.  The way you know function vs function block is if it is required to "remember" anything from the past.  

Easy examples:

Out = In +5   This would be a function as you will always get the same answer no matter what you put into it.  

Out = increment of internal counter each time In turns on -  This would be a function block as it would need to "remember" the value of the internal counter and the answer is different each time it executes.