sb234

Has anyone tried iQ-F (F5) inverter control?

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to create a program for the 5U that can communicate to 2 or 3 VFDs (individual control, not broadcast) using the inverter commands (IVCK, IVDR, IVRD).  My code was fine for the FX3u, but when converted to 5u and extra field is added for 3 monitoring M registers indicating if the line was executed and whether properly or not.  We are looking at several written points to the drives and many monitored points (during different conditions).  Unfortunately, I run into issues where the communications to the drives drop out.

Has anyone successfully done this or know of a good reference?  I've looked extensively and have not found one.

The examples in the FX5 User's Manual Serial Communications manual are extremely basic and don't provide enough detail.

Thanks,

Steve

The only iQF (FX5UC) control of inverters I've used is using the  built-in CCLink IE Field network talking up to 15 Mitsubishi FR-E700-NE Inverters. (Max is 16 but i needed the Data registers for my Ladder code)

The CCLink IEF configuration and auto-refresh was all done using GXWorks3's built in Basic Settings

All Iverters had its own IP Address and individually controlled. 

I've did. But I used Modbus instead of Iverter Protocol, because the first is more effective on time of request-responce than the second. Making this program I did read the abovemtioned document and based on it. The information in it is enough, but it's necessary to read it with great attention, because the information is very segmented(

Please see attached document for Easy Modbus setup between FX5 and Mitsubishi Inverter

iQF-Modbus 2019.pdf