Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobB

XP SP2

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience with CX-Programmer, CX-Protocol, CX-Simulator, NS Designer, NTST and Device Net configurator running on Windows XP Pro with service pack 2 yet? I am just about to pick up a new laptop and was considering giving SP2 a go. The laptop is a Hewlett Packard with a REAL SERIAL PORT!!! It is quite funjny that the manufacturers that used to support real serial ports (Sony and Dell are 2 that come to mind) are dropping them but HP, who were among the first to drop them, are now supplying a lot of their laptops with real RS232 again. I quite like HPs as they are a bit more robust than most and have the added advantage of a push button in front of the touch pad so that you can turn the touch pad off and on at will. No more typing in the wrong places.

I have a Gateway laptop running Windows XP Pro SP2 and using CX-Supervisor, Programmer, Protocol, NTST, Syswin, and Multiway. I have never had a problem. I also have the built in serial port, that's the biggest reason I went with the Gateway. Nice machine though. Good luck

BobB: I strongly suggest that anyone that installs XP Pro SP2 on an existing installation of XP Pro SP1 to do a backup before installing SP2. I did my wife's machine (Dell Insperion 1100) last weekend and the installation failed. I had to redo the machine from scratch and answer to the woman scorned about her old emails. It was not a good weekend.

Jay, may be u can found her old mail try to search manually in c\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\ or c\Documents and Settings\any user name \Local Settings\Application Data\ if u r lucky u can found some inbox in {0753530A-xxx-xxxxx..}\Microsoft\Outlook Express folder becarefull with those same name file, backup it in different directory before looking for the correct file Edited by electron