Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wzrdstrm

Converting CPU Types

4 posts in this topic

We have one Q02HCPU  that I want to update to a Q03UDECPU, any problems to just read everything from the 2Q and write everything to the 3Q? I'm not sure how thorough the read function is.

In GX works use 'change plc type'

It will walk you through the process

Note that if you have multiple CPUs, depending on the combination of CPUs, you will have to change the rack (base unit) as well.

So I backed up all the data in the 2QCPU and changed the CPU type in GX Works to a 3Q, messages made me kind of nervous after the conversion, but I noted them in case I needed to. The new CPU appeared to work, but there was a problem reading a data point from the GOT 1000, see pic...

There is a CClink connection to another CPU and this is an area I'm not experienced in yet so I'm trying to figure out what this error might be. I only found when I triggered a particular screen that called the data point. Shouldn't the intelligent connection to another CPU be maintained? 

It was a bit strange at first to get the machine moving again, but all things appeared to be working after some fidgeting.

Any help greatly appreciated.

rung error.png