Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robert_

Kinetix 5700 Motion Group Issue

2 posts in this topic

Hi Every one,

I have two 2198-P070 bus power supplies for that I’m using for four Kinetix drives, 2 drives per power supply, all controlled by one processor (5069-L350ERMS2). I have an enable contactor setup for each power supply for each set of drives. I have them configured as DC bus groups 1 and 2 respectively. I had the first set of drives working, setup inside the motion group, with no issues. When I added the second power supply and drives. I found that when I added them to the motion group I couldn’t get the enable contactor to close for the first set of drives. I f I took them out of the motion group and made them ungrouped then the first contactor would close but then I couldn’t get the contactor on the second set to close. Do you have any thoughts as to what I might be missing to get these to work? See the screen shots for more detail. Let me know what you think. 

Also, I have heard that only one motion group is allowed per PLC, but my question is : Can I use  sevral axes and Power units in the same motion group? 

1_Pic.png.jpg

2_Pic.jpg

3_Pic.jpg

Robert_

I tried to duplicate your project.  First short answer is that only one motion group is allowed, to my knowledge.

Interested in how you were able to configure the four axis' in the motion group.  Wondering if it's possible for you to size up the Bus Power Supply to contain all the drives and thus avoid the issue you are seeing.

Any chance you could post the program?