Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GuyMiller

Network Dropouts at Night!

4 posts in this topic

We have been having a re-occurring issue where some of our PLC's throughout our plant have a network outage that occurs around the same time every night. The PLC's are disbursed among the plant and it has been confirmed no large pieces of equipment are being turned on around this time every night... The network traffic does not fluctuate around this time and is not near a "troubling" level. There was a reboot to one of our servers on the same VLAN as the PLC's that are having the connectivity issues... What could have changed from a server reboot to remedy this issue, the server is not communicating to the PLC's, they are just on the same VLAN. 

I've had issues where nearby plants had large switchgear turn on and sag the power in my plant causing issues.  Had to work with power company to eventually track down the offending switchgear.  That plant, didn't realize their switchgear was bad or going bad.  They replaced them and the issues went away.

1 person likes this

Who did you ask for at the power company, what questions did you ask to get them to investigate this for you?  What are some additional signs this is indeed what is happening?

I'm sure you could call the commercial services group rather than the residential hotline.