Dirk van Zyl

Safety PLC R08SFCPU

4 posts in this topic

Good day Guys I have been working with Mits for a while but i am new to the GX works 3 setupp.

We are looking at using R08SFCPU PLC with a RJ71GF11-T2 for CC-Link IE Field in order to do safety.

No i think i understand the normal IO on this device but the safety i just cant get to a point to understand what is happening.

When i try to address it SA\X0.... then it says it is invalid.

Does anyone have an idea how to do the setup for safety or a manual that describes a bit in detail.

Thanks

Hello Dirk

To use SA\X and SA\Y you must create a "Safety" or "Standard/Safety Shared" type Program.

If you click on "Program" in the project tree with mouse right button and select "Add New Data...", select the "Category" as "Safety" or "Standard/Safety Shared", as in the figure Safety-1.png attached.

Be sure to move your program to program settings "Fixed Scan" or it will not be compiled or transferred. Safety type programs cannot run as Scan type, only Fixed Scan due to safety program execution mode.

Then, you can see as in the figure Safety-2 below that it is allowed to add SA\X and SA\Y in safety type program.

BR,

Thiago

safety-1.png

safety-2.png

On 2/6/2020 at 3:02 AM, Thiago Turcato said:

Hello Dirk

To use SA\X and SA\Y you must create a "Safety" or "Standard/Safety Shared" type Program.

If you click on "Program" in the project tree with mouse right button and select "Add New Data...", select the "Category" as "Safety" or "Standard/Safety Shared", as in the figure Safety-1.png attached.

Be sure to move your program to program settings "Fixed Scan" or it will not be compiled or transferred. Safety type programs cannot run as Scan type, only Fixed Scan due to safety program execution mode.

Then, you can see as in the figure Safety-2 below that it is allowed to add SA\X and SA\Y in safety type program.

BR,

Thiago

safety-1.png

safety-2.png

Thanks I got is working. I am still not 100% on the Shared stranded/safety what is the purpose of this?

The only purpose is that the variables you declare can be used in both safety and control program.
Greetings