Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Root

Gx Works2 Q68DAIN Setup

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help me. I'm new to Mitsubishi and GX Works2 and I'm trying to get a Q68DAIN Analogue Output card working. Does anyone have an example I could look at? I'm trying to use the Intelligent Function Module but not having much luck.

Hi,

You can check Youtube for some video's.

Root,

Let me understand where you're stuck:

Could you add the Q68DAIN to Intelligent Function in GX Works2 or not?

Assuming that you could, did you enabled the channels you need to use on the "Parameter" item under Q68DAI(N) in Intelligent Function? If don't, do that.

After that, go to "Auto_Refresh" under Q68DAI(N) in Intelligent Function and fill in some free data registers devices (such as D100, D101 if not used elsewhere in the program, for example) in "Digital Value" row, under the columns that correspond to analog channels you intend to use. Those registers will be used to receive the digital values from the program that you need to be converted to an analog signal.

The last portion and very important is to download your configuration: when downloading the program to PLC, remember to select the tab "Intelligent Function Module" in Write to PLC window and click the checkbox the row "Q68DAI(N)" to make your setup to be downloaded to your actual analog module installed in the rack.

If you did all this and you didn't get any errors in PLC (or module) but even though you get no analog signal out, it may be that it is missing to add coils (output ladder instructions) for the flags that enable the output signal to be conducted out. These flags correspond to Y devices addressed according to your analog module address. Let's assume that your analog module is installed in position 0020 hex, therefore the flags for this module start in addresses Y0020 and X0020. Assuming address 0020 hex for the module, the address Y0021 must be turned on to enable the output signal of channel 1 (CH1), likewise Y0022 for CH2 and so on.

This last part is usually where people get stuck because it is not crystal clear in the manual. Please note that if your module is located in position 0030, flags for the channels are Y0031, etc. If located in position 0000, flags for channels are Y0001, etc....

If you did all this and you got some alarm, please tell us the alarm code, ok?

Regards,

Thiago

Q68DAIN_example.gxw

Edited by Thiago Turcato