Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
acpi

Allen-Bradley PLC-5 communication setup with comm control card

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need to upload a program from a PLC-5 5/15 plc. This plc is fitted with a communication card that should allow to communicate in DF1. I don't know the reference of the card but my customer sent me a picture. So as i'm not familiar with Rockwell products I would like to know if I can comunicate with it whit a simple null modem cable in DF1 and if yes is there's something I should know to configure RSLinx or is it the same procedure than the processors with built in DF1 port ? Thanks

JC

20190820_134224.thumb.jpg.93f576d5b333c6

Ken Roach

June 29th, 2016, 08:26 AM
One method to determine the PLC-5 address is to use a computer with RSLinx Classic software to browse the network.

Connect a computer to the 1785-KE with a suitable cable (ideally a 1784-CP10, but any null modem cable will do) and set up an "RS-232 DF1 Devices" DF1 Full Duplex driver with the appropriate COM port number and the 9600 baud, BCC serial settings. The "Autoconfigure" button may not work; do not depend on it.

The important part is to set up the DF1 Full Duplex device with the Device Type = "1770-KF2/1785-KE/SCANPort". That will cause the RSLinx driver to browse for all the DH+ node numbers on the DH+ network.

See above from the master
cts_user

Morning,

Thanks, I should be able to do the job with this tips.

JC