DWIM

Looking for FX5U Firmware revision history

7 posts in this topic

Hello everybody

I have strange effects when connection MODBUS TCP IO-Boxses from my FX5U-80xx. So I thought about looking for network issues fixed in the firmware.

So, the website below has firmware 1.201 and I have 1.110 currently. Does anybody know where to look for the revision history of these Firmware fixes?
https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/download/software/cnt/plc/index.html#js_swdata_cat_9

The Japanese have some more info here:
https://www.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/fa/download/software/detailsearch.do?mode=software&kisyu=/plcf&shiryoid=0000000051&lang=1&select=0&softid=1&infostatus=8_1_1&viewradio=1&viewstatus=&viewpos=

Translate: 

"New functions added in firmware version 1.201 (2019/11)
For details on the additional functions, refer to "Addition and modification of functions" in the related manual "MELSEC iQ-F FX5 User's Manual (Application)".
The CPU unit serial number can be used from "17X ****" or later."

I was not able to download these manuals (Japanese login screen). So I googled it and found it. But I was not able to find it in this document. 

If someone knows more. Would be nice. 

Thank you

DWIM

Thanks for your reply! Yes, there is some information. Mostly about added functions/modules. They have no bugs in the firmware! Clever Japanese engineers.... 
OK, I would also not publicly admit it ...;-)

MODBUS:
I tried to connect to MODBUS TCP IO boxes (25 stations). I was astonished to see, that it takes seconds (!) to check/write the IO states of all of them! Welcome in 2020!
Yes, seconds I tell you...honestly, not milliseconds! After looking in the mirror I saw the person who bought this technology.....

Then I found a reconnect delay in the Mitsubishi library. I could lower it from 800ms (if I recall correctly) to 150ms with a more or less reliable connection. This improved things a little bit. Still very sluggish.

Smart me thought: Well, let the PLC use two of its eight ethernet connections simultaneously! So I made:
Group1: 12 boxes on ethernet channel 4 
Group2: 13 boxes on ethernet channel 5 

Now, after all code in place, it connects for a while happily on channel 4 (Group 1) while channel 5 is in "connection opening" state. Then suddenly, an electron moves, and it starts working for a while on channel 2 (Group 2) while connection 4 is waiting in "connection opening" state. I found no pattern, unfortunately. And a lot of hair pulling didn't helped either......

It should be possible to connect on two connections simultaneously, not?

Are you using the pre-defined protocol function or the FB ?

I have library from Mitsubishi which uses inside "EthernetComm"  Function block and inside this, it uses SP_SOCOPEN  and SP_SOCCLOSE functions

Oh, I'll check the states of the SP_SOCxxx functions in their data structure they use...I have now a 12hours workday behind me...my family already called me. 

I look into it at best on Sunday. Thanks so far for your help.

FX5ModbusTCP_GW3_V100
Version 1.00 - Function block that offers Modbus TCP/IP Client functionality on a FX5-series 
PLC system  with a built-in Ethernet port.
Created in GX Works3 - 24 May 2016
Function block supports the following CPU-types: FX5-series.

There are standard FB inside GX works 3 for modbus you can use.
The SP open and close instruction just open and close the ports.
But i guess the protocol is converted in the FB itself.
So multiple connections should not be a problem. 

Hey I take my insults against japanese engineers back. I apologise.I There is a link with a bugfix list at:

https://www.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/fa/download/software/detailsearch.do?mode=software&kisyu=/plcf&shiryoid=0000000051&lang=1&select=0&softid=1&infostatus=8_1_1&viewradio=1&viewstatus=&viewpos=

List of additional features:
ファームウェアバージョン1.201 で追加した新規機能(2019/11)

List of bugfixes:
ファームウェアバージョン1.200 → 1.201 への改善履歴(2019/11)

Since my Japanese is non-existant, I could read it with the help of a friend.