Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SolidRio

MX OPC

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. 

Quote from "MELSOFT MX OPC Server UA Version 3 Operating Manual":

Maximum number of connectable devices 10

That means i won't be able to connect more than 10 PLC to this OPC? If so, why that number so low? Do MX OPC DA has same restriction (in manual no word about this).

SolidRio,

I've been talking to some people here about your question and both MX OPC UA and DA have this limitation: tops 10 PLCs and 100,000 tags per MX OPC instance.

According to Mitsubishi, if you need more than 10 PLCs or 100k tags, you will need to have two MX OPC server running in two separate PCs.

Thiago

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Thiago Turcato said:

SolidRio,

I've been talking to some people here about your question and both MX OPC UA and DA have this limitation: tops 10 PLCs and 100,000 tags per MX OPC instance.

According to Mitsubishi, if you need more than 10 PLCs or 100k tags, you will need to have two MX OPC server running in two separate PCs.

Thiago

Mitsubishi representative has answered to me: "There is no such restriction in MX OPC Server DA and the program allows you to create more than 10 connections." 

I am not sure that "allows" equals "works reliably". I don't have so many PLCs right now to test it. Hope someone from here already has experience with this question and will share it.