Star

PLC Architectutre

3 posts in this topic

Plz explain me need of EN2TR? I dont understand why it has been developed?

I want to connect more than 2 AENTR modules to a compact logix L24 PLC (It has 2 ethernet ports,). (Also note that if any one AENTR fails then also every other AENTR should be working only)

Suggest me best topology for this requirement. (Can i use daisy chain?)

The 1756-EN2TR module is a different platform (ControlLogix) than your L24. Most of their devices I've seen that have 2 ports are for Device Level Ring (DLR) or linear configuration. If DLR is configured correctly, you would have a loop of patch cables and devices. The idea is that any one of the devices can fail or be powered off and all the others will keep talking. Frankly, in my experience with the equipment I've worked on, if any one device fails the whole system can't run anyway, so I've never implemented DLR. I have, however, used the dual ports to daisy-chain connections (linear topology). It's a convenient way to reduce the size (and maybe quantity) of network switches in the system. The 1769-AENTR has 2 ports. It looks like it's intended solely for the DLR/linear network topology. There is a newer CompactLogix family that has dual ports that can be configured separately with different IP addresses so they can connect to different subnets (like a local machine network and a company network). At first glance, it doesn't look like this -AENTR can do that.

1 person likes this