wzrdstrm

Copy and pasting GX Works 2

14 posts in this topic

Not new to PLC's, but new to Mitsu PLC's. Seems like old TiSoft. Couple things, should be easy for the experienced. I created new logic, simulated it, added to online program at the bottom of the routine, just before the End line. Logic appears to be skipped and is not updating. Preceding network is a  Return from a call. Why do they not update after that return and at the bottom of the routine?

Second....please, When I cut and paste a network in Monitor Write, the network I paste does not highlight that it is an edit, if I click on a contact in the network I pasted and change a contact, then the network shows it as an edit. Comments?

TIA

45 minutes ago, wzrdstrm said:

Not new to PLC's, but new to Mitsu PLC's. Seems like old TiSoft. Couple things, should be easy for the experienced. I created new logic, simulated it, added to online program at the bottom of the routine, just before the End line. Logic appears to be skipped and is not updating. Preceding network is a  Return from a call. Why do they not update after that return and at the bottom of the routine?

Second....please, When I cut and paste a network in Monitor Write, the network I paste does not highlight that it is an edit, if I click on a contact in the network I pasted and change a contact, then the network shows it as an edit. Comments?

TIA

Hi wzrdstrm,

If your new program is not working means either the rung you paste is not executing or their may be double coil error...

Please check is your rung is working by putting a timer in it ...

Orelse contact me on my WhatsApp

+918610724575

I wish it were that easy. I cross referenced the logic I used before using it, no duplicates. Even when proceeding logic it true, a move statement is not working. It has something to do with the area of the routine I put the logic in. See pic were the move statement remains a zero. Step 20762 is true, M8000 and M8001 are true and no coils used anywhere else in the program (it won't turn off it is SET), the Comparison from D400 to D8002 is true and hence the Move from D400 to D8002 should be moving 377 into D8002. This was tested in the simulator first before entering and working.

Frozen Logic.png

1 person likes this

Which plc model

D8002 is a reserved register in fx models

Q03UDECPU.

I remember having this issue with a another type PLC, I put all the changes at the bottom of the routine, as stated just before the END, so as not to get caught in a GOTO type issue. Could it be a range issue?

Device points for Internal relay states 8K, not sure if that is absolute, or restricted to 0-7999?

15 hours ago, wzrdstrm said:

Preceding network is a  Return from a call. Why do they not update after that return and at the bottom of the routine?

This is because you placed the ladder after a FEND instruction. This means the end of a program after this all the subroutines and interrupts are programmed.
As you are using a system Q subs can also be placed in a different program but that is another matter, this program is probably converted from old a series as also no labels or structured programming is used.

Just paste this program just before the FEND and it should work

Edited by Gambit

13 hours ago, wzrdstrm said:

Q03UDECPU.

I remember having this issue with a another type PLC, I put all the changes at the bottom of the routine, as stated just before the END, so as not to get caught in a GOTO type issue. Could it be a range issue?

Hi

Can you send me the program I will check and will contact you

krishnakum.ice@gmail.com

Wow, they had a whole pile of subs, they are called from C# to a P# (or something close to that), found the FEND, TY, have to try it now. I think I still have to stay lower than M8000 though, as previously noted there are only 8K of internal memory bits configured. It may have originally come from an A CPU, we have one machine of same type using a Q2, these are Q3. It also looks like they can do some ladder FOR loops, have to figure that out eventually.

8K is 8 x 1024 =(8192) so your good. 
If you do an online => monitor => device memory and enter for instance M8000 it should to M8191 for the last M device

Roger Gambit, wanted to look and work onthis today, but we had an analog card burn up...oof

Roger Gambit, wanted to look and work on this today, but we had an analog card burn up...oof

OK, memory checked as stated, thanks...

So I moved everything only to realize they had a jump going to the FEND....had to move again...is working now (well sorts, math is wrong, DINT and INTs, I love newer PLC's)

3 minutes ago, wzrdstrm said:

OK, memory checked as stated, thanks...

So I moved everything only to realize they had a jump going to the FEND....had to move again...is working now (well sorts, math is wrong, DINT and INTs, I love newer PLC's)

Excellent. Do you need any help with the math issue ?