Josemarian

Connecting Generic I/O module to Micrologix 1100

4 posts in this topic

Hello All, 

Am a bit new to practical PLC applications. I was trying to configure a Phoenix Contact I/O module (1452916) on a MicroLogix 1100 PLC but it kept faulting out with the fault light RED. It would say "Major Error Halt S:1/13". The error description says I/O mismatch. The error code is 187h (see attachment).

The Phoenix module has a cable with 19 pin positions for the 8 input. I connected the pin 17 and 18 to 24 volts and  0 volts respectively. Then because I was using input 5 I connected the pink wire to PLC input (I/1) 24volts and the White/Yellow wire to the PLC common. 

On the I/O configuration on RSLogix 500, I used "Other" ( See attachment) but did not know the vendor details.

Could anyone help me with the steps on how to communicate with the module?

I have also attached the PLC program I was running.

Thanks

I_O configuration for Phoenix module 1452916 in RSLogix 500.jpg

I_O module 8 inputs.jpg

Ladder Logic for Phoenix module 1452916 in RSLogix 500.jpg

Status error details for Phoenix 8 input module1.jpg

You're not going to get anywhere with this approach.
The Phoenix Device is not connected to the micrologix bus.

With a quick glance at the information on Phoenix Contact's website, that device does not communicate with any controller. It's just a "connection extender". Check this link:

https://www.phoenixcontact.com/online/portal/us?uri=pxc-oc-itemdetail:pid=1452916&library=usen&tab=1&requestType=product&productId=1452916&productDetection=true&redirectTarget=country&redirectTo=US

Each sub-connector's pin 3 is tied to 0V, pin 5 to ground, and pin 1 to "UN" (the "hot" connection). Their pins 2 and 4 are broken out at the main connector.

This device will NOT be in the I/O tree. You would instead supply it with power (either from the PLC if it has enough or from an external source), then connect the wires from the device to individual input points on the PLC. It's a wiring convenience device, not an I/O device.

Thank you guys for the information.

Joe E, I will try out the connection you suggested and I will get back to you. Thanks