deny zaelani

FX3U Modbus RTU with FX-485-BD

7 posts in this topic

Hi Expert,

I've tried modbus communication with PLC FX3U and FX-485-BD. I've read some manual regarding modbus communication for FX3U. And also download FX ModbusRTU Master V100 and FX Modbus RTU Slave V100. My Question :

1. Can I use FX-485-BD for modbus communication and use it as ch1? As I check in modbus manual, FX-485-bd only for mitsu propitary not modbus? But I read in this forum it can be used

2. I tried this library unpack and open it, previous setting is for FX3G not FX3U, so when it change and compiled to FX3U and I always get error message "
" ERROR    FXModbusRTUMaster_PRG    Program compile    The number of word device (VAR range) points for Device/Label Automatic-Assign Setting fall short. (ModbusComm.ReceivedMessage)    F1035

I tried to find out how to rectify this error but can't find it? please suggest is there some missing setting or some miss program in library?

Regards.

DZ

Hi Mr.Deny Zaelani,

The Module FX3U-485-BD  Supports serial non procedure protocol and dedicated protocol for Mitsubishi communication devices like HMI.

To make a Modbus communication with Mitsubishi FX3U PLC you need to Have a FX3U Modbus Card.

This Card FX3U-485-BD will not support MODBUS

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, krishna k said:

This Card FX3U-485-BD will not support MODBUS

will not support programming instructions for Modbus comm, but can support programming implementation of Modbus protocol like non procedural.

Hi Deny,

FX3U-485-BD  just support non-protocol to communicate with third party.

So, if you want to use Modbus-RTU to communicate via  FX3U-485-BD , you need understand frame of Modbus-RTU.

Modbus frame: Address || Function || Data || CRC

Noted that you need to calculate the CRC by yourself, I searched the CRC calculation online and fixed CRC value because I only use 1 RS2 instruction.

I have already checked the Modbus-RTU via  FX3U-485-BD , and it's work well.

If you need more information, contact to me via email minh89.automation@gmail.com.

I recommend you use the Modbus adapter FX3U-485ADP-MB (+FX3U-CNV-BD) to communicate Modbus-RTU easily.

FX3U-485-BD - Modbus RTU.pdf

Edited by minhpham
3 people like this

thanks i sent mail for u.....i have plc fx3u and fx3u 485 bd modbus rtu   .i want connect plc fx3u to inveter ig5a ....but i canu...i used chanel 1   D8400   and test chanel 2 d8420...................but  i dont know  use chanel 1 or chanel 2 ..................please help me .....3days i try but no good ...

As he said, the unit itself does not do Modbus RTU.  You need to write the communication in a string format and send it out.

Pretty sure they had a module for the left side bus that did offer Modbus, FX3U-485ADP-MB or something like that.

@iraj2090 You need to create Modbus data communication manucally by use RS command for your own (need to calculate check sum) because FX3U-485BD does not support Modbus protocol but if you have FX3U-485ADP-MB you can use ADPRW command to communication with Modbus device.

1 person likes this