weston

CodeMeter stopping and killed FactoryTalk Software

4 posts in this topic

I have a computer that started having problems with FactoryTalk software.  I found that the codemeter service was stopping and i could not restart it.  I uninstalled and reinstalled FactoryTalk Activation manager.  This seemed to fix the issue.  I could then open all of the factorytalk software except for Logix 5000 V24.  When i tried to open it and connect to one of our controllers it would lock up.  i found that the CodeMeter service had stopped working again.  this time i could go into services and start it.  it would run for a minute then stop again.  I removed all FactoryTalk Software from the computer and started to do fresh install on all of it.  Everything installed excet FTviewSE V9.  It fails with Error 1722.  CodeMeter still stops.  Any help and guidance is appreciated. 

Within the last 2 mos., I've had a similar problem on two different Windows 7 computers.  I didn't record the error numbers.  I did the same two steps as you did and was still having problems.  As a last resort, I went to the codemeter website and downloaded the latest codemeter and reinstaled it.  I haven't had problems since. 

I had done that and it worked,,, for a a few days.   Then codemeter started shutting down on its own and i couldn't restart it.  I am in the process of removing all factorytalk from the computer and starting over.  Thanks for the reply