Ctor

Network Number Problem

14 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I am trying to connect a new CJ2M-CPU31 to a used NS12-TS01B-V2 (it seems to be restored to default). I want to connect that using Ethernet. 
In the Cx-Designer I have set the following for the NS ethernet Port:
  - Ethernet: Enable
  - Net number: 1
  - Node number: 5
  - UDP Port: 9600
  - IP address: 192.168.140.5  //  255.255.255.0  //  0.0.0.0  //  0.0.0.0

And the following for the host:
  - Name: CPU_A
  - Type: SYSMAC-CJ2
  - Protocol: Ethernet/IP
  - IP Address: 192.168.140.10

In the Cx-Programmer I have set the same IP address for the PLC from the I/O table configuration. 

However, they are not connecting. After some seconds the HMI shows a Time-out Error. I am used to works with this kind of HMI, I think the problem is in the PLC because this is my first time working with a new, out of the box, PLC.

I have tried to comunicate them using the "Com. Test" tool from the System Menus of the HMI; however, I didnt get it. 

I think the problem is than the integrated ethernet port of the PLC is not in the Net Number 1. I have tried to set it using Cx-Integrator. I have clicked in "Create routing tables" -> "Insert SIO CPU unit" for the Unit250(Integrated Ethernet Port) -> Local network number = 1 -> Transfer to PLC.

Nevertheles, the windows "Online Connection Info" is allways showing Net(-) instead of Net(1):
   "Ethetnet [CJ2M-EIP21] Net(-), Node (10),  Unit (0)"

I have checked the Cx-Integrator Manual and says in this case it is only neccessary to "Connect", but I have tried it, waited for the 254 nodes, and... it doesn't work!!

I don't know what to do!

Thank you.

You do not need a routing table for EIP communications. Is the MS light flashing red on the CJ2? Check the rotary dials on the front of the CJ2. Do you have the Node No. set to "0A" Hex to match the last octet of the IP address "10" Decimal?

Edited by IO_Rack

Yes, the rotary dials are set to 0-A.
And the MS led is lit green.

I was thinking about I don't need the routing table for EIP, but when I try the FINS-Com.Test tool from the system menus of the HMI is also failing. Anyway, I am able to connect the PLC with Cx-Programmer using any protocol: EIP, UDP or TCP, but only using the Net 0 and Node 0; however it is not possible to set the HMI to the net number 1. 

Likewise, I can connect Cx-Designer to the hardware on Etherner. Also I have been sending FINS commands using the OMRON Multiway software to the HMI and the PLC and this is working. 

I don't understand why they are working separately but together are failing...

Select Ethernet I/P as the protocol in the screen.

Where?,  I think I have already done that.

Could you check it in the first post?

"And the following for the host:
  - Name: CPU_A
  - Type: SYSMAC-CJ2
  - Protocol: Ethernet/IP
  - IP Address: 192.168.140.10"

Thank you very much

In CX-D as follows. And sorry - I missed it.

CX-D1.JPG.1d5e147c1bb945e33af135d2a00d98CX-D1.JPG.1d5e147c1bb945e33af135d2a00d98

Edited by BobB

I think the comm. settings in the NS are OK. I am not sure if you wanted to share another image that could help me, because you repeated it twice.

Another point is that it is not possible to connect to the NS using the EtherWay Software via TCP. There is no problem using UDP, however, using TCP I get the following Error: "Report 12.450: ERROR: The connection could not be established since the destination computer expressly denied the connection".

Any idea?

Thank you very much.

1.bmp

2.bmp

3.bmp

4.bmp

The other one. This just works for me. Have you disabled the serial port?CX-D2.JPG.43bd485b68c0b51b61124fb63880d5

So, I think the Host settings are OK. I need the serial port enabled for a barcode reader.

Thank you

Just curious - try disabling the serial port and see if it works. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I think you are right about the serial port, Bob. :dance: Serial A needs to be set for Bar Code Reader.

I think the problem could be the twisted pair cable. I am using a straight cable; however, since I am connecting the HMI directly to the host, I think I should be using a crossed one. Anyway, I don't have a hub nor a crossed cable. I am waiting to the next week to get it and I will tell you the results. 
Thank you.

The crossed cable!! :disgust:
It is working...
Thanks for your willingness!

Just to think in this day and age neither device had a Auto MDI-X port.