Als

SLC5/05 PLC is not Working!

3 posts in this topic

I have a SLC5/05 Allen Bradley PLC that talks to Citect SCADA version 6.10. From time to time, am losing a part of Graphics on the citect that I had to run a back-up copy of the PLC program to restore the missing graphics. However, this seems to be consistent so I decided to replace the CPU. But replacing the CPU did not help. 

The alarm message "PLC is not Working!" seems to be coming on say every 2-to-2.5 hrs. This has never happened before but it just developed lately.

If replacing the CPU with a new one did not help, then what else could be the fault.

Had anyone ever had a similar issue before, please help.

Thank you,

"Not working" is too general a message to be a built-in part of the Citect software.

You need to examine the Citect project to figure out exactly what sort of event or tag or diagnostic function that alarm message represents.

"Missing" graphics in any HMI are typically those whose data is not available from the controller, so they are removed from screen or represented as "wireframes".

I would strongly recommend examining the networking hardware and cables between your Citect computer and the SLC-5/05.     The SLC also has a built-in Web server that can give you some statistics or diagnostic information about errors on the Ethernet port.

Thank you Ken Roach,

Yes, the cabling between the PLC and the citect looks bit suspicious so will definitely have a look at that first.