8 posts in this topic

Is it possible to view the values / states of all inputs, outputs and workbits (e.g. 64.00 through 64.15 on Omron CQM1 PLC) on a single screen or control panel within CX-Programmer software?  I'm trying to troubleshoot some ladder logic that I wrote and need to know the values of 5 or 6 inputs/outputs/workbits simultaneously.  Having to scroll up and down through my ladder logic repeatedly does not work well with code that changes state every 5-10 seconds or so.

Any help is welcome.

Edited by cjcygan
Include tags

Open a Watch Window.

View pull down/ Windows / Watch.

It will open a spreadsheet type window at the bottom of the screen.

You can insert addresses and the value will show in the chart.

gtsuport

gtsuport,

Thanks for your reply.  I clicked on the Windows menu, but I don't have the "Watch" option in the drop-down menu.  All I see is "NewPLC.NewProgram1 [Symbols]" and "NewPLC.NewProgram1.Section1 [Diagram]".  Clicking on "NewPLC.NewProgram1 [Symbols]" brings up the screen shown in the attachment.  I can only create 1 TIM (timer) symbol and 1 CNT (counter) symbol.  I have multiple inputs, outputs, workbits, timers, counters and workbits.  I am running CX-Programmer version 9.70

How do I view the status of all inputs, outputs, workbits, counters and timers at a glance?  

Thanks,

cjcygan

CX-Programmer_Screenshot.pptx

Edited by cjcygan

Mr_PLC_CXP_WatchWindow.jpg

I was able to view the completion flag status of all desired inputs, outputs, workbits, timers and counters (slides 2 and 3 in the attachment).  Is there a way to view the present value of timers and counters (ex: if I have a 30 second timer, is there a way to view the present value, 0.0 to 30.0 seconds in real time)?

CX-Programmer_Screenshot.pptx

1) Put the Timer in the Watch Window.

2) Double Click the entry.

3) Press the Edit Address / Type button.

4) Change the Data Type / Format to CHANNEL.

I also found that if you Click and Drag the Timer from ladder to the watch window, then it will populate the watch window with both Value and Bit.

Thank you, IO_Rack.  That helps a lot :-)

You're welcome. There are various methods for monitoring in CX Programmer. There is a small rectangle directly above the Ladder window scroll bar. Click and Drag it down to display two Ladder windows. Then you can monitor two sections of Ladder at the same time. The method I use most is the Memory table from the project tree.