francesco.lastrino

How to read data using TCP/IP socket (Mitsubishi PLC Q04UDVCPU)

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, how can I read data from Mitsubishi PLC (model Q04UDVCPU) using TCP/IP socket communication? I can connect to the PLC (using an address and an open port) but I cannot retrieve any data. Thank you.

sure you can. but what do you want to do ? 

I'd like to read data from specific registers. How can I do this? Using a different approache, I can use also a free OPC Server and Client?

There are many ways to get this  data. My question was more what do you want to do with it. (excel vb c# ...)
As for a protocol you van use SLMP/MC protocol or modbus or you can make one of yourself.

Thank you for the reply. How can I build an OPC server that is able to communicate via ethernet with my plc? Can u suggest me any OPCs server free?

I don't think there are any for free. But if you want to make something yourself you only need to create the SLMP driver which is in the manual.

Ok, using an OPC Server like "Matrikon OPC Server" or "KepServerEX" what are the main PLC's parameters that I need to Know to set up a connection?

There will be a description in the OPC server you use.

But all you have to do is setup the IP adress and define an SLMP port with a port number.