Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeblack

Melsec Fx2c-96mt.ess/ul

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I think I may have messed up! I bought a MELSEC FX2c-96MT.ESS/UL on Ebay and I've been looking at the specs. What I see makes me unhappy. Seems as though you have to have Mitsubishi's speical cables and termal bocks the connect the I/O section up to anything. I haven't received the PLC yet its still in the shipping process, but I have a bad feeling its not going to come with cables and termal blocks. So the questions. Anyone know where to get the stuff I need to connect this thing up with? Or does anyone have the pinout of the connections of the I/O points? Also does this PLC use the SC09 programming cable? If it does use this cable can anyone tell me the chip number they used to convert the RS232 to RS422 so I can make my own cable? ( I'm not paying Mitsubishi 200 bucks for a cable ). If know one knows the anwsers here. Does anyone want to buy a Mitsubishi MELSEC FX2c-96MT.ESS/UL PLC? ;) Thanks for your help already. PS heres my email: jmrochelle@yahoo.com

The FX2c-96MT comes with everthing you want except the SC-09 cable. It has an on board 24Vdc supply for the inputs. It is a very nice PLC with plenty memory and functions. I have never made a cable for it but Paul the moderator on here has.

Thanks, but this is comming from Ebay so I'm sure theres NO blocks or cables. It didn't show them in the pictures.

I am not sure what you mean by 'blocks' The terminals are part of the plc. I know they can be unscrewed seperately from the plc but would someone try and sell one like this because it is virtully useless without them. Or is that what you meant?

The model I'm talking about has cable connections for the I/O ports. I think you have to have termination blocks to wire it to real world devices. I did some more looking around and now I'm sure of it.

No matter whether you're talking about FX2C-96MT.ESS/UL or FX2NC-96MT.ESS/UL , either uses standard 20 pin IDC ribbon cable connectors. Here's the link: Mitsubishi Tech Manuals

Ok thats what I thought. Does the Melsec Fx2c-96mt.ess/ul 's programming port still need the SC09 cable or is it a RS232? If it does then I'll make a cable I think I've found the chips and wiring info.

Joe, yes you will still need a SC09 cable ! It is just a 232->422 converter...details are readily availble to make your own. Regards, Nick COD Systems

Ok I made my 232 to 422 converter and I'm up and running THANKS GUYS!!! Now could someone be so nice as to sent me a windows version to program the thing. I have the dos version. Thats what I used to test my new converter with... Email: jmrochelle@yahoo.com Edited by joeblack