BiggerBetterFaster

Unexpected file format file translate help

6 posts in this topic

I would like to reach out for help ,

i am new to the PLC stuff , i choose AB because there seems to be unlimited amounts of educational material

both from Rockwell and aftermarket.

i have read many forums and they confirm my guess there is likely  a version conflict .

I have some files that were last known successfully opened on XP machine cpr7 unknown version.  i want to open

programs in RSLogix500 9.05.01 on win 7  64  machine. I can set up an XP box if  am reasonably sure this is the issue.

Does some one have an old system they may like to try and help me sort this out. or maybe save as ACH.

FYI   these are ProSet200 files don't know if it is machine specific programs  "saved after setup" or the complete package .

what are the rules here , can i include my email ?

Thank you Mike

Not sure what ProSet200 means.  Additionally, no idea what an ACH.  If it's a RSLogix500 compatible program, it will be something like programname.RSS.

The .ACH extension was used for the Allen Bradley 6200 software, if this is the case RSlogix500 should still be able to open it.

Steve

I may have figured this out.  after a ton of frustration i have noticed my RSLogix500 v9.05.01  does not have 5/04P or 5/05P

in the list of processors. would RSLogiix choke if it does not find the processor in the list

If anyone can find 5/04P and 5/05P processors in the processor list on their  RL500 please tell me

which package and version number would this is i need support for the plastics module.

thanks Mike

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:52 PM, BiggerBetterFaster said:

what are the rules here , can i include my email ?

You may post your file in the forums.

A snip from Rockwell Support, Access Level: Everyone:

Official Support

Windows 7 (64-bit)

• Studio 5000 v21.00 and greater
  • RSLogix 5000 v16.05 and v19.00 and greater
  • RSLogix 500 v8.40.00 and greater
  • RSLogix 5 v8.00 and greater
  • RSLinx Classic v2.57 or greater

Here's the link: https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/67020

Edited by IO_Rack