Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spif

Q Series PLC talking to Rockwell GuardMaster Safety Module

4 posts in this topic

I have an absolute cluster of a project and hopefully someone out there has some experience that can help.  The customer requested a Mitsubishi Q series PLC communicating via Ethernet/IP with all devices.  We added a Q12DCCPU-V card (EIP4CCPU) to the PLC rack to handle the Ethernet/IP communication.

One of the devices I'm trying to talk to is a Rockwell 440C-CR30 GuardMaster programmable safety relay.  Normally under the EIP4CCPU software (scanner configuration utility) you can download the EDS file for a device, drag and drop the icon for the device into a window and set your parameters and you're good to go.  However the EDS file for the 440C Guardmaster is not valid because it is missing some info the scanner configuration utility needs.  So now I have to try to find another way to talk to the 440C Guardmaster.

Anyone have any experience with these devices?

I went to Rockwell's Website and immediately found EDS files for versions 6.006, 8.013, 9.004, 10.004, 10.009, 10.010.

Maybe figure out which version your 440C is and try that eds.

I did.  The problem is the Rockwell EDS files do not contain a "Connection Manager" section.  Rockwell hardware does not require that, but other hardware (like the Mitsubishi one) do require that section.

Edited by spif

Not sure if this helps...In Rockwell, you can use the Add-On Profile (AOP) or Generic Module methods.  The AOP is of no use to you, but the Generic Module configuration might do the following:

In the manual is describes the input assembly as being 100 with 28 bytes, Output assembly as 150 with 4 bytes.  I suggest that the connection manager assembly might be 0 and 0 bytes.