Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kah44

The more I learn...

5 posts in this topic

I'm very new to PLCs I took a class on Texas instrument PLCs about 8 or 10 years ago, but never had the oportunity to use what I learned. I might have a chance to get involved with PLC programming at work, but I'm trying to learn what I can at home. I just got really interested in Omrons and started to dig into Omrons in the last week. I've learned how to do simple ladders but the manual for Syswin is not very good at explaining a few things. I also found a great e-book (had to copy and paste into Word to read it away from the internet, but it uses Omrons for the examples and is really good. And best of all: ITS FREE! The address is: http://www.mikroelektronika.co.yu/english/...ook/plcbook.htm if anyone is interested. One of the things that is used in the sample files with Syswin uses Holding Relays, but without a PLC to try it on I 'm still unsure exactly how it works. Does the same switch that turns an HR on turn it off again. Does it just toggle of and on at each input? Thanks. Ken Demo1c.swp

Argh!!!!! What a messy way to program....Rule Number 1 in programming never duplicat e an output coil..... If you want to see a toggle button check out the download section for omron, i uploaded one a while back... The differerence with Holding relays to standard IO is that they are retentive after a power failure to the PLC

Thanks again. When I set out I was trying to prove a point to a co-worker. That the program couldn't be that hard even if the IT guy had to reprogram the PLC (all it does is control 5 lights one is just a run light, 2 are controlled by the robot welder and manually and the other 2 are manualy controled) and count parts Supposedly all he has to do is download the program back on the PLC (assuming they have a copy) But as I dig it appears it might be a little more complicated than I thought. The PLCs are Omron C200Hx's and thre inputs are from a touchscreen (NT620C)not through the input card (ID212)well some are through the input card. Odds are pretty good too that some have the inputs on the first channel and some have the outputs first - nothing else around there is standardised. I may have to eat a little crow on this one. I guess if I really want get involved I need to see if I can get a copy of the program from the guy and maybe work with him a little. Thanks again, Ken

Nice topicstarter. You're right, The more you learn The more you know The more you know The more you forget The more you forget The less you know So why learn !?

Hum!!!! Just a little clear up hear that’s all. The program supplied at the top of this thread if anyone noticed (still uses SYSWIN that is as every one now has CX-Programmer), is installed with Syswin as series of 3 different examples of ladder logic, and yes very messy. Therefore, written by some OMRON Eng a many years ago me thinks. Ta Ta