Jairus

what's the advantage of installing genuine software?

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I didn't meant to encourage everyone for a pirated software. But I want to know what are the advantages of using genuine license TIA portal V15.1 software over the crack license?

Pirated is against the law. Yes. and how about its technicalities? is there any missing libraries? and missing updates? etc.

I need your inputs, because I'm trying to discourage our management of using cracked license.

Thank you so much in advance...

Edited by Jairus

It's a shame that you have to make a business case for following the law...

In the US, the penalty for software piracy is a fine of up to $250,000 and up to 5 years in prison. I don't know what it is where you are.

39 minutes ago, Jairus said:

Pirated is against the law. Yes. and how about its technicalities?

How about ethics? Let someone steal your "managements" property. See what happens.

Not to mention, virus, malware, ransomware, key monitors, etc. a frequently hidden in cracked software.

15 hours ago, Joe E. said:

It's a shame that you have to make a business case for following the law...

In the US, the penalty for software piracy is a fine of up to $250,000 and up to 5 years in prison. I don't know what it is where you are.

I don't know if there is any piracy law in SAUDI Arabia, coz  I'm working here right now.   I'm trying to force the management to purchase TIA pro. V15.1, for my next project. I hope so it will be approve.

You need to buy software.  Anyone who shares illegal copies can be sharing a virus, malware, ransomware, or other bad stuff along with the software.

If you can't afford the software, you don't buy the hardware.

There are no upsides to stealing other people's intellectual property.

The obvious reasons to use genuine software have been well enumerated.

Cracked software might seem attractive but think of what payloads might be attached. Key trackers, data theft, etc. I don't think the risk is worth it. If I remember correctly, this is how Stuxnet got started. It was incorporated into a crack package that ended up being distributed and installed all over the M.E. and Eastern Europe. My final answer is: don't.