Pauljm

Bitwords

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am completely new to Sysmac studio and Omron Plc’s in general. I have built a demo program with an Nx1p, NA Hmi over Ethernet and 3G3MX2 drive connected  over ethercat. The program is up and running. For controlling the drive I have created an array (totally new to me) and broken it down in to wordbits which works fine. The thing is I can’t find anything in Omron documentation or on the web that refers to “wordbits”. Do you guys use wordbits or am I missing something? Thanks for any responses. Paul.

You'll need to create a UNION Data Type. In my example, I included the BYTE data as well.

Mr_PLC_Union.PNG.b0cdb121e1470d324a6b2b0

Hi and Thanks for the response. I think my confusion comes from how to reference the name but all good now. Thanks again. Paul

Never heard of wordbits... another solution besides a union is the commands to read/write a bit in a word, those are TestABit, OutABit, SetABit, ResetABit.

For my control of MX2, i created a structure and named each of the bits... so for example to make the drive run forward, I have a Boolean called Drive1.Forward.