JiM_cz

How to connect to CQM1H-CPU51

16 posts in this topic

Could you please advise what software and cable I need to connect with CPU CQM1H-CPU51?

20191008_092315.jpg

Edited by JiM_cz

Software would be CX-Programmer which is part of CX-One.

Omron serial cable would be CS1W-CN226.  This is a RS232 cable.

You can get a USB version here:

https://www.plccable.com/omron-plc-programming-cable-usb-cs1w-cn226-cs1wcn226-usb-version/

Please note this model was discontinued in 2012.

gtsuport

Am I correct that to be able to plug the  CS1W-CN226 to the particular PLC  I'll have to unplug the connector at the top left (please see the picture)?

That is correct.

On 7/17/2020 at 10:22 PM, gtsuport said:

Guessing that is a CQM1H-SCB41.

Port 1 should be RS232, Port 2 RS422/485.

You should be able to connect with this cable.

https://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/files/file/349-universal-cable-for-omron-9-pin-port/

thanks alot ..

i did it .. but the cx-programmer 9.7 always see the CPU as c200h and not cqm1h-cpu51.

original program also cannot be downloaded for same reason.

my plc is attached .. 

8ed3a73b-9767-4fcc-82b4-f99e53c18ba3.jpg

1 hour ago, Mahmoud Abdelhameed said:

i did it .. but the cx-programmer 9.7 always see the CPU as c200h and not cqm1h-cpu51.

I've worked with many different Omron controllers and I have never seen this type of mismatch.

If you create a new project with a CQM1H-CPU51 and connect, does CX Programmer report a different PLC?

13 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

I've worked with many different Omron controllers and I have never seen this type of mismatch.

If you create a new project with a CQM1H-CPU51 and connect, does CX Programmer report a different PLC?

13 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

yes. 

i have original program from supplier and it gives me same result when downloading also after creating new project.

i think cable may be the problem. i will tray to make new one. 

my concern about points no 7 -8 & 4-5 

how this connection to be done. Is it connected together and shorted also or what.

db9_omron.png

59b6aeec781a9_Howtoimplementtheomronhostlinkprotocolvbnet050-min.png.ade6a474c758f1886d53426c21c4c693.png

[349]Universal_Cable.jpg

3 hours ago, Mahmoud Abdelhameed said:

my concern about points no 7 -8 & 4-5 

how this connection to be done. Is it connected together and shorted also or what.

Yes, on the CQM1H side, short pins 7-8 & 4-5. In your Network Type, choose SYSMAC WAY then choose the correct COM#.

Since you are experiencing a strange problem, you may want to get the CS1W-CN226 to use in the Peripheral port. This port would use Network Type Toolbus.

On 7/21/2020 at 2:52 PM, IO_Rack said:

Yes, on the CQM1H side, short pins 7-8 & 4-5. In your Network Type, choose SYSMAC WAY then choose the correct COM#.

Since you are experiencing a strange problem, you may want to get the CS1W-CN226 to use in the Peripheral port. This port would use Network Type Toolbus.

I did it as you said. but unfortunately, the same message came.

I can control PLC modes. but no upload or download.

I don't have the original cable for peripheral port and no time to wait for it to come from outside. 

I uploaded the files including the communication protocol file between PLLC and HP25 Parker servo drive and Eurotherm  DC drive.

Please check if any settings to be done to make connection successful.

I have an issue with servo data for positioning

251002.psw

29100100_.cxt

ptm6281004.onw

23 hours ago, Abdul Wajid said:

@Mahmoud Abdelhameed Which city you staying? I can help if you resides in eastern province KSA

Do you have the cable .. I really need it, I am in Jeddah

Pin 8 on the CPU dip switch is on, the software then recognized the unit as a C200HG CPU