Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kale

Rsview and Micrologix

6 posts in this topic

Dear All, I have a small problem which is I need to connect Scada system( Rsview 32 ver 6.3) to micrologix 1200 through DH 485 protocol but when selecting node type in the Edit node I don't find the Micrologix listed. Ok, another trial I have made, connected a SLC 5/04 with DH+ and tried to setup the node type SLC 5 and SLC 5 enhanced and in both trials when testing the tag monitor it gives status error. thanks for any help. best regards kale email: khaleda1@yahoo.com

I use SLC 5 Enhanced for my connection to a ML1500 and it works fine. I will assume the ML1200 would be the same. Tag monitor error. Error This is a tag state that indicates that RSView32 has tried to acquire a value for the tag but could not because of a communication error, such as a node not being available or a DDE server not running. Is the address of the tag you are looking for in the PLC? Hope this helps.. Bob

Yes sir, I double check the address and node configuration but when I for example monitor a tag, I:0/0 it give me the error thanks

I assume your node and address are correct. I double checked if I could see a physical input in RSView32 and I can so my next question is what version of RSLinx are you running? RSLinx lite will not work with RSView32. Bob O

Dear Bob, Thanks for your care but i have confirmed installing RSlinx 2.2 and not the lite version and also i have opened the RSlogix and I have confirmed that the input i'm monitoring in the RSview is coming and also the LED of the input card is on when I give the signal, it is too simple but I must missing something, so please help how I can see a single input in the micrologix or SLC through the RSview 6.3 . thanks khaleda1@yahoo.com

Can you zip you project and attached or email me at boneill@airliteplastics.com and I will look at it. Thanks, Bob