Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kah44

# ofI/O's on Omron C200Hx PLC

3 posts in this topic

Yep its me again.. still trying to get those I/O's down before I try to write a program. Its not really my job, but our IT "professional" is too lazy or too afraid of getting dirty to climb on top of our robot enclosure (we recently moved our robot welders around and had to disconnect the network cables) to reprogram the PLC for one of our robotic welders which was shut down for a week @ Christmas, and aparently the battery went dead or something and wiped out the memory. Also we had to send some touch screens back because he couldn't figure out how to program them and had to get the same ones used before (which are apparently hard to find now) and had to get the same ones so he could just download the program left by the former Programmer. I would like to get more familiar with Omron PLC's and software before I offer my services to help out. The PLC program should be fairly simple - it involves 5 lights a PLC and a touch screen. one light comes on if the robot is in play mode and running, another comes on if x number of parts are ran, and the rest are manually turned off and on if the operator needs a technician, parts, or a supervisor (the last one is a joke... they never look up). Anyway... we use Omron C200Hx PLC's with an ID212 input module and an OC225 output module. I don't go back to work till tomorow night, so I'm not sure how many slots the rack has. I was also wondering if there was an empty slot between the input and output modules if it would change the addresses of the I/O's Thanks, Ken Edited by kah44

The C200HX comes with 3,5,8 and 10 slot racks. Take your pick. If you have empty slots between input and output modules on a C200H Rack and you intend to put a module in the empty slot, it will be addressed by the slot that you mount it in and should not disturb your existing I/O addressing.

Thanks, my main question was the # of inputs and outputs (quantity rather than addresses) but I know that I have more available than I need anyway (ten I think, if not more), so so I can go ahead and write the program and count the I/O's later. Actually your answer was better than what I asked for (complete with picture). Thanks again, Ken