Olyn

IM 153-1 Bus Fault

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I have a bus fault on my IM 153-1 and so with my S7-400 PLC. I alreadey replaced the IM 153-1, the bus connector and the profibus cable. It has the same address on the dip switch and the HW Config, also the part numbers configured on the HW Config is the same with the modules in the field. I have also tried to insert new IM 153-1 and configure it to the profibus network and delete the existing. Please see attached photos for the diagnostic buffer of the PLC and the module information of the IM 153-1. Any insights would be a big help. Thanks!

1.JPG

2.JPG

In the ET200M racks, I have had bad bus connectors which connect the modules together.  They are underneath the modules.  If a bus module, or for that matter a module fails in a "certain way", generally, it fails the rack too, as if it lost communications.  If you have spare modules, try changing them out one at a time, then the bus modules if the problem persists.  These bus modules come with every new module.

I can't promise this is the issue, but I have seen this kind of behaviour with a flaky module or bus module.  Could even be the IM153-1 module itself that's flaky.

Edited by sigmadelta

On 9/20/2019 at 4:30 AM, sigmadelta said:

In the ET200M racks, I have had bad bus connectors which connect the modules together.  They are underneath the modules.  If a bus module, or for that matter a module fails in a "certain way", generally, it fails the rack too, as if it lost communications.  If you have spare modules, try changing them out one at a time, then the bus modules if the problem persists.  These bus modules come with every new module.

I can't promise this is the issue, but I have seen this kind of behaviour with a flaky module or bus module.  Could even be the IM153-1 module itself that's flaky.

Thank you for your response. Everything is okay and runs well now. But it seems to be an issue with the distance and resistance.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:19 PM, Olyn said:

Hi everyone! I have a bus fault on my IM 153-1 and so with my S7-400 PLC. I alreadey replaced the IM 153-1, the bus connector and the profibus cable. It has the same address on the dip switch and the HW Config, also the part numbers configured on the HW Config is the same with the modules in the field. I have also tried to insert new IM 153-1 and configure it to the profibus network and delete the existing. Please see attached photos for the diagnostic buffer of the PLC and the module information of the IM 153-1. Any insights would be a big help. Thanks!

1.JPG

2.JPG

I Have like this problem please say to me how you solve it.please