Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Banzai

Control Panel Drawings

5 posts in this topic

Gentlemen and Ladies,

This post might come off as generally lazy but this is purely in the interest of saving time. Our company has been building control panels for quite some time. I have been doing the design for about 10 years or so. We typically build Allen Bradley type control panels. Our main customers are water/wastewater so they are typically Compactlogix with basic IO. (AI, AO, DI, DO) modules. Recently i've been using the IO Wiring System modules. These save an incredible amount of time. However, they are quite big and require a decent amount of space. Our smallest control panel size is usually 36x36 and that is pretty tight.

My question to all is, does anyone have a set of control panel drawings for an Allen Bradley compact logix system without these wiring modules? I am looking to create a smaller control panel, and I just haven't had much time lately to sit down and do the design. This is indeed a shortcut, but time has been limited on my end as of late. I apologize if this is out of line.

Thank you,

I don't think replacing the IFMs with terminal blocks is going to help, rather it will hurt from a space and time standpoint.

If the intent is to save space, consider going to Point I/O and wire directly to their own terminal bases.  It will save space but might require a little upfront costs.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. It would definitely be Point I/O. I was just looking for layouts and wiring diagrams for these so I didn't have to make the drawings from scratch.

Sorry, we use ePlan and it just happens.

The new ClickPLC firmware lets you use it as RIO. It'll even make the .EDS file for you to import the whole rack of 8 modules.