Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kah44

Internal vs. External I/O's

4 posts in this topic

I am a robot technician at work where we use mostly Omron PLC's. About 8 years ago I took a course on PLC's (Texas Instruments). We used a DOS program (TI405) for programming. The I/O's were very easy - X for input Y for output C for (internal) control relay. I recently aquired a copy of Syswin for Omron PLC's and am having trouble figuring out how to put the inputs and outputs in. I've been through the manual and a couple of e-books and still can't find the answer. I read (in the manual I think) that internal relays need no prefix... OK, so what prefix do I need to put for an external output? In another place I understood it to say adress IR000.00 through IR000.05 were the inputs and 010.00 through 010.05 were the output terminals (for an Omron CPM1A). I'm working on this at home and have no PLC here, so I'm working offline and can't try out the programs to see if I'm getting an output. The PLC at work is an Omron C200Hx. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Ken

On the CPM1 count you are correct in assuming the addresses as you stated. The front of the CPM1 gives you a clue by writing 0ch or 10ch nera the input and output channels as you suspected. U guessed right regarding the outputs as well, you need not specify a lading character for the address. Really the only ones you do are for HR, LR, DM and AR. So you are correct for the CPM1.... The C200Hx is a little different....for standard 16pt i/o digital cards the addressing is allocated as per slot location. That is the CPU sits on the right hand side of the rack and addressing starts from the far most left. IE if you have a 10 slot backplane the left most slot will be addressed as channel 000. regardless of whether it is an input or outpu card... The next slot follows as address channel 001 and so on up to 009 for slot 10. If you were to have a expansion rack then the follow address would be 010...Analogues and special cards...there address are determined via a rotary switch on the front of the unit.... if set for unit 0 the analougue channels would start from 100 through 109.... You also said you are using Syswin.....This is a solid little package, and has been around since windows 3.1 (In fact i believe that it was one of the first windows based PLC programming packages) The fact that i can still run it on windows XP shows how solid it is. However, i would suggest if you can to get your self a copy of the latest CX-Proegramming Software....Vastly improved of Syswin and will allow you to view I and O for inputs and outputs if that helps you.....

Thanks again for the quick response. I'm not sure if you got the PM earlier...

Further replies at PLCS.net. http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.ph...&threadid=12933