Roberto Fonte

Q06UDEHCPU MELSECQ Upload

4 posts in this topic

Hello , 

I dont have experience with Mitsubishi PLC.  I want to do a modification on the ethernet configuration but i dont have the source code . 

According the information that i read we can use GX IEC developer or GX developer but my question are :

Can i upload and download the program with GX developer? 

Even if was previous developed with GX IEC Developer i will not do any change on the code only on ethernet configurations , add a MC communication.

I have another concern about the profibus module.
For the profibus is necessary another program right ? But if i don't want do any modification on the profibus is dont need it, right? 

My experience on Siemens when is necessary do a modification on the hardware configuration. I should have all the hadware configuration " right"  it means if i have profibus i should have the right GSD to allow do modification on the configuration . 

But on Mitsubish i can´t understand that well .

Regards 

Roberto Fonte

melsec.JPG

PLC RACK.JPG

It's a system Q. I would suggest you use GX Works 2.

Just upload the PLC parameters. Change them and then only download the PLC parameters.

The PLC will need to be reset in order for the new parameters to be activated.

The profibus config is in the profibus module so you should not have to worry about that.
The refresh for the profibus if used is in the CPU but that should not be effected.

But to be safe you should always make a back-up before changing anything

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

Dear Gambit , 

Many thanks i will follow your suggestion.   Is possible also do a backup from the profibus ?

Regards

Just now, Roberto Fonte said:

Is possible also do a backup from the profibus ?

Yes but you will need GX configurator  DP.  The back-up file can only be send back and not opened to see the contents (project).