Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Rother

Cx Programmer

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to teach myself omron PLC’s with CX programmer. No particular type of cpu, just learning the nuances of this program. I already program other brands but I am having difficulty with the timers. If I use timer 1 and set it for 300, how do I use the done bit. When I then try use another timer ‘timer 2’ the done bit changes to the number of timer 1. If I change the done bit to timer 2, the done bit on timer 1 turns into timer 2. A shove in the right direction here will help. Thankyou

When you use Cx Programmer with Timers, the name of the Timer Done Bit is different from the Timer itself. If you declare Timer 1, then the done bit is T0001. Be sure you are not programming with names rather than addresses. Also be sure to put the # in front of the setpoint (i.e., #0300). If you leave # off, then the timer setpoint will come from the contents of Word 300.

Just had a quick go; Thanks Jay, that was what I needed. I am doing it without the books at the moment. So, by not using a # in front, (which I wasnt) I was using indirect addressing with the value in data register 300 eh.